Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Measure Tool Vectors (ijk)

Hi, I am having trouble understanding the vectors IJK in the measure tool. From what I understand, the point given is in relation to the robot flange, and it would be useful if I had the rotation angles directly from the measuring tool to copy/paste in my target. 
Is there any way to convert this vector into robot angles? 
Thanks.

The normal vector is not the same as the target orientation. The normal (specified as an ijk vector), is a unit vector.

If you want to create targets based on a point in the surface you probably want to use the Teach targets on surface:
  1. Select Program
  2. Select Teach Target(s) on Surface
You can find more information here:
https://robodk.com/doc/en/Tips-and-Trick...faceTarget
Hi Albert,

I understand that is the unit vector and it is normal to the plane that is selected.
I am creating targets in a part that is attached to the robot gripper and I want to position it in an external TCP, and it would be useful to use that vector if it was possible to convert to angles using the robot TCP as a reference.
Is it possible to create targets on surface when the surface is on a part attached to the robot gripper?
I recommend you to place the part on a coordinate system that is not attached to the tool, create the targets using the teach targets on surface, and then you can attach the part to the gripper with the coordinate system and the targets you created. You may need to adjust the TCP and coordinate system to make this work properly with a remote TCP setup.