Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Curve follow angle relation/Assign angle of arrows to vertical pipe

Hi,

I want to assign the arrow direction to the vertical pipe so that the arrows are all vertical.
I have installed the Curve Utilities add-in, but I can't figure out how to solve my problem.

I have marked the photos with a red arrow to show that the arrows are assigned and oriented to the horizontal pipe.

Photo 1 shows that the arrows at the top of the horizontal pipe are pointing vertically.

Photo 2 shows that the arrows on the bottom curve of the horizontal pipe are oriented in an angle.

Can you please give me the solution to my problem.
You can select your curve and apply the Tools->Run Script->Curve Change Normals

Hello Sergei,

I tried to do the same as you explained, but I am asked as follows:
- Select an element (I selected the tube assembly)

- I selected my pipe assembly. The path was projected with vertical arrows in the middle of nowhere.

Can you please help me get it right step by step? Please find attached my project.

Attached Files
.rdk   Collector welding _6in_3in_BWT30 test.rdk (Size: 2.56 MB / Downloads: 15)
It is necessary to move object geometry (since the object was moved) to build this curve in the proper position:

I attached your station with the new curve

Attached Files
.rdk   Collector welding _6in_3in_BWT30 test_md.rdk (Size: 2.55 MB / Downloads: 15)
Hi Sergei,

thank you for modifying my station. It is exactly what I want,  but I am not able to get the same result when I do it.

When I move object geometry like you showed me, I get different results. My arrows are not in the right direction. See below screen shot.

Please tell me how you did it step by step.
I recorded all the steps in a short video, please check it out:

Saddle_curve
Hi Sergei,

excellent. Thank you