Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Convert points out of a point cloud into targets

Hello, I am trying to automaticly generate a toolpath with a cobot + dril that will move between diffrent points of an object and avoid collisions with the object. I have a step file and a point cloud with the hole locations. 

The point follow tool is only working in 2.5D and wil still collide with the object when working on a different plane. Is there any other way to automaticly connect points from the pointcloud and create a path between them without collision. 

I was using a collision map but this only works with targets as far a i could find, is there any way to generate these targets out of the point cloud without moving the robot manualy every time.
You can import points with the approach vector (ijk) which should be along the approach direction. These points could be setup as a list of XYZijk values (array of Nx6 values).

You can automate the whole process using the RoboDK API or a custom app. This shows an example about how you can import a CSV file into a curve using Euler angles (not approach vector with points but it can be easily adjusted for that purpose):
https://robodk.com/doc/en/PythonAPI/exam...ram-xyzwpr