Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Issue with Communicating Between RoboDK and KUKA KR 3 R540 via TCP/IP

Hello,
I am experiencing a communication failure between RoboDK and a KUKA KR 3 R540 robot using a TCP (Ethernet) connection. Although my computer successfully pings the robot's IP address, indicating that the network connection is established, I am unable to establish a connection through the Windows software interface of RoboDK.
I have followed the setup procedures as per the RoboDK documentation and ensured that the network configurations are correct. The RoboDKsync562.src script is running on the robot controller as recommended for establishing communication with RoboDK. Despite these setups, the software fails to connect to the robot.
Here are the steps I've taken:
  1. Ensured that both the robot controller and my computer are on the same network and can communicate via ping.
  2. Checked and double-checked the IP address settings in both RoboDK and the robot controller to ensure they match.
  3. Started the RoboDKsync562.src script on the robot as instructed in the RoboDK guide for KUKA robots.
Despite these efforts, the connection is not established. There's no specific error message in RoboDK; it simply fails to connect to the robot. On the robot controller side, there are no indicators of incoming connections from RoboDK.
I'm reaching out for assistance on this issue. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and found a solution? Are there specific settings or considerations that I might have overlooked? Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.
Did you properly configure the IP settings on the robot and the computer? Make sure to match the first 3 digits of the IP and make the last one different if you have a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.

Also make sure there are no other devices on the network with the same IP.

Did you try with the apikuka and the kukabridge drivers?
Can you share the connection log of RoboDK?