Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Robot IP Address Won't Update

When creating a connection to a robot for the first time, the IP address is stored and will auto-fill the next time you connect to the robot.  However, if you make a mistake and enter the wrong IP address that first time, it is forever stuck defaulting to that incorrect address each time you try to connect in the future.  When it is changed in subsequent connections, the change is not saved.   Is this data stored in a file somewhere that can be manually edited?  Having to keep updating the IP address to the correct one every time is annoying.
Do you mean you are entering the IP in RoboDK as described below?
  1. Select Connect in RoboDK
  2. Select Connect Robot
  3. Update the IP
Then, when you save and reopen the station it forgets your IP setting?
If so, can you provide us with more information about how to reproduce this issue? (RDK project, steps to follow, etc).
Yes, but it doesn't forget the settings originally created. The problem is that if a mistake is made and an incorrect IP is entered the first time the connection is setup, it will permanently remember that incorrect number such that the operator has to change it every time thereafter. Is this information stored in a file that I can go in and edit?
I'm unable to reproduce this issue. The IP setting should be saved with the RDK project. I tried to reproduce this issue but the IP is remembered when I save and reload the project. Can you give us more information about how to reproduce this issue?
I didn't realize the connection IP was saved as part of the RDK project. So I guess the changed value doesn't get saved because I'm not saving the project after changing it. I'll give that a try, thanks!
RoboDK should remember the setting even if you don't save your project.

However, for the IP change to take effect you should properly disconnect from the robot and reconnect.

Also, another tip: you can force killing the driver process by double clicking on Disconnect. This will stop the process and force stop a connection.