Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Uneven Velocity along Path

Hello Everybody!

I'm working on a curve-following project for welding. It's pretty important that the speed/velocity are the same along the whole path.

I've added a link to a Video so you can see the difference. In the end, it's the most noticeable.

https://gemoo.com/tools/upload-video/sha...kgenerator

Thanks in advance!
It is normal for robots to slow down in the vicinity of a singularity (in your example, joint 5 is close to 0 deg). You can try changing the rotation a bit around the Z axis (Path to tool offset) to stay away from your singularity.
Hey Albert,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I'm going to try that. It's quite a long path for the robot I'm using. It's getting to a singularity pretty quick, just for my information in case the path change does not work.

Can I set the operation speed so low that it is the same speed as the correction of the singularity? Or does it then slow down/speed up even more?

Thanks again!
I'm not sure if slowing down the speed will make it more uniform. Probably yes, however, it will take more time to execute the whole path. The best way to know is to test it.
Yes, I will test it out too.

Thanks for the time!
Hello Albert and Others,

I am still not getting the result I want with the velocity.

Both options don't seem to work the way I want.
Are there more options I could try out? Maybe in the Robodk Settings, because I see the same deviation in the software.

Basox
Hello again,

Today I found out something interesting about the velocity. When I set the blending on 50% it looks like he almost skips the points, becouse it goes over it so fast. on 0% blending, it stops at the points but the velocity is just as high.

I've added my project so it becomes more clear with what I see. Is this project is the first half good and the second half very fast for some reason.

I hope this helps for getting this problem solved.

Basox

Attached Files
.rdk   RoboDK Forum Help.rdk (Size: 1.92 MB / Downloads: 22)
If you are following a path with many points that are too close to each other you can try reducing the density of points that RoboDK generated by following these steps:
  1. Select Tools-Options
  2. Select the Program tab
  3. Set Minimum step size in the output for linear movements section to 1mm or higher.
Then try generating the program again and sending it to the robot.
Hey Albert,

Yes, I already tried this too.

The same deviation in velocity is noticeable.

Basox